03 December 2013
British Fashion Awards
Last night I had a fabulous evening at the British Fashion Awards. Rodial has always been a big supporter of British Fashion, highlighted by our recent collaboration with Mary Katrantzou, and it was great to go and show my support for established brands and new up-and-coming designers. As you can imagine, the fashion was another level! Rita Ora went Hollywood glam in a gorgeous Vivienne Westwood gown, whilst Sienna Miller looked stunning in a emerald Burberry creation. Naturally, I wore Mary Katrantzou accessorized with a gold Lara Bohnic clutch. Highlight of the night was Kate Moss receiving the Special Recognition Award presented by Marc Jacobs with the epic line, 'London might have two Kates, but in my mind there is only one.' A fabulous evening!
29 November 2013
Claridges Christmas Tree Unveiling
I look forward to the unveiling of the Christmas tree at Claridges every year and this year was definitely no exception! The Christmas tree this year is designed by Dolce & Gabbana and is absolutely gorgeous.
I headed down to the launch event of the unveiling on Tuesday evening, it was a star studded event with David Gandy, Oliver Cheshire, Pixie Lott and Eva Herzigova (pictured left with Stefano Gabbana) attended. Eva was best dressed on the evening wearing a Dolce & Gabbana red dotted classy dress.
Make sure you go down to look at the D&G Christmas Tree in Claridges elegant entrance hall.
19 November 2013
Kelly Hoppen Book Launch
Last night I attended Kelly Hoppen’s new book launch who is a wonderful friend of mine. Her new book is called Design Masterclass, it is a fabulous coffee table book and will teach you how to achieve the home of your dreams! I will definitely be taking tips to add some extra touches to my home!
The launch party was held at the Belgraves Hotel and had a celebrity guest list including Sienna Miller, Victoria Beckham, Ben de Lisi and more. I also loved catching up with friends at the party and listening to the latest songs from a band called More Like Trees.
The venue, guest list, music and ambience was all perfect – well done Kelly!
08 November 2013
Carven Boutique Launch
Last night I was invited to the Carven Launch Party which was hosted by Creative Director Guillaume Henry. It was at the beautiful Michellin starred restaurant, Bibendum in Chelsea.
The evening was to celebrate the launch of the first UK Boutique which will be on Pelham Street. The theme of the evening was Paris meets London, with a Pearly black cab parked up in the venue as a centrepiece. There were also Parisian canapés such as mini steaks and oysters, to top it all off there was champagne jelly in the shape of the Arc de Triomphe - magnificent!
In the theme of the evening, I wore my favourite English designer - Henry Holland (image left).
Merci to Carven for a truly lovely evening!
06 November 2013
Harpers Bazaar Women of the Year Awards
Claridges held host to the Harpers Bazaar Women of the Year Awards last night, the star studded event had attendance from A-List stars such as Cate Blanchett, Rita Ora, Naomi Harris and Victoria Beckham.
The venue was gorgeous, the champagne was flowing and the winners looked amazing in their gowns. In particular, Victoria Beckham (left) looked stunning in a simple sophisticated full length black dress and completed her look with a smokey eye and dazzling diamond earrings! Victoria was even accompanied by her son, Brooklyn Beckham, who was looking handsome in a two piece suit and skinny black tie!
Overall, the evening was really fun and it was great to see the awards going to well-deserved hardworking women.
04 November 2013
UNICEF Halloween Ball
Last night I attended the biggest Halloween party of the year, the UNICEF Halloween Ball. Held at One Mayfair, the room was packed with the most amazing Halloween looks, with some guests really pulling out all the stops! My friend Melissa Odabash looked a mixture of chic and scary as the corpse bride, whilst host Jemima Khan channelled her inner Natalie Portman as Black Swan. I decided to go with a vampire-inspired look with a sleek black Lanvin dress accessorised with yellow contact lenses and fangs! The picture to the left is me with my unrecognisable friend Julien Macdonald as a very scary skeleton, a fabulous night!
16 October 2013
Last Night at the Attitude Awards!
Last night was the Attitude Awards 2013 which Nip+Man sponsored the Best Grooming Male Award and I was lucky enough to attend the star studded event.
It was a black tie event so I applied Rodial Size Zero all over before I slipped into my Henry Holland cigarette dress; I then prepped my skin with Rodial Stemcell Superfood Facial Oil before I applied my makeup. I then finished the look with a bright pink lip with a Rodial Glamstick in Revenge for that 'on-trend' look.
We arrived at the beautiful venue where we were greeted with pre-dinner drinks; we then sat down for a 3 course meal. Following the meal, the awards begun! Matt Lucas was hosting the awards and it was fantastic; some of the celebrities who attended were Eliza Doolittle, Una from The Saturdays, Abbey Clancy and Laura Whitmore! Eliza Doolittle looked especially stunning in her Julien McDonald dress and was accompanied by the designer.
We were then very lucky enough to see Ellie Goulding perform; she was fantastic and sung an acoustic version of Burn.
Then it was our award which we sponsored... Best Grooming Male, and the winner was Oliver Cheshire! A very well deserved award, he is always very well groomed, handsome and always has the lovely Pixie Lott on his arm.
09 September 2013
Victoria Beckham at New York Fashion Week
New York Fashion week is currently in full swing and yesterday Victoria Beckham showcased her ss14 collection.
Her classic monochromes were injected with unexpected splashes of fuscia and deep crimson with Victoria herself looked effortlessly chic in a crisp white shirt and cropped black trousers. I loved the collection’s belted mini dresses and dress over short combos giving a real nineties feel and the city Bermuda shorts are top of my list for my spring 2014 wardrobe.
Although the show was definitely eye-catching, the highlight for me has to be the photos of Harper who took pride of place on David’s knee on the front row - certainly looking the part and following in her mum’s fashion footsteps in a cute Chloé dress!
19 August 2013
AW Fashion Picks
The time has almost come to stash away the city shorts and bikinis and brace myself for Fall fashion! Here are the trends I will be keeping an eye on this coming season:Oversized
When the leaves are falling and the temperature is cooling, there’s nothing better than wrapping up in an oversized sweater or scarf. Tackle two trends in one by making sure your oversized item is a bright tangerine or fuschia hue.Impact print
A statement print is a must-have this AW. As seen on the catwalks of House of Holland, ISSA and Mary Katrantzou, I will be getting my print fix with our Mary Katrantzou for Rodial scented candle – the perfect desk accessory.Monochrome
For a cool take on a classic trend, monochrome is your go to look this season. From bold cocktail dresses to gorgeous knits, this look is easy to carry off but still packs a style punch.
14 August 2013
The handbag beauty essential revamped
My ultimate handbag essential just got revamped and I am hooked! Cult favourite glam balm MULTI has been reformulated and renamed to become STEMCELL superfood glam balm multi. Don't worry. this multi-purpose beauty balm still has 100 different uses to solve all your beauty woes but it's now also now designed with a power packed formula for even more anti ageing benefits. Now a revitalising mix of superfoods, High tech Alp Rose Stem Cells and 3D Hyaluronic Filling Spheres, this new and improved formula works to increase cell vitality and quickly reduce the look of fine lines. I never leave home without it!
12 August 2013
Victoria Beckham covers Vogue
I picked up the latest copy of Vogue Australia on a recent trip abroad and I have to say, I am absolutely loving it. Featuring fashion icon and businesswoman Victoria Beckham, the main interview gives an insight into her busy lifestyle and family life as she talks candidly about everything from her evening beauty ritual to spending time with her children. The shoot shows off a softer side to Victoria and I love her flawless skin, soft smokey eyes and swept back hair – definitely a look I am coveting for Fall!
05 August 2013
Post Holiday Beauty
My holiday is over for another year and I’m getting my complexion back to its best with my post holiday beauty ritual. here's what I'm loving right now:
I’ve been using glamoxy 15% exfoliating fruit acid pads every other day throughout my holiday to help get rid of dry, dead skin and reveal a brighter complexion. These are a staple of my beauty routine when i return from a holiday as they really help give skin a new lease of life and brighten any dullness caused by sun exposure. I have been injecting some serious moisture into skin with dragon’s blood hyaluronic mask, it really helps to soothe stressed skin after a little too much time spent in the sun. Lastly, using a cream cleanser like STEMCELL superfood cleanser is a gentle way to wash away impurities while nourishing and hydrating the skin. I use this twice a day to feed my skin with essential nutrients.
31 July 2013
Six beauty buys every woman should own
Looking fabulous doesn’t have to be complicated, invest in these 6 key beauty buys for a pared down summer look that will take you from day to night;
1. Ace your base. A good base is so important to give your skin that seamless, filtered finish – no instagram required. I recommend using a primer like glamoxy snake serum and a tinted moisturiser like BB venom skin tint to hide any imperfections.
2. Multi talented tint. A tinted lip balm can also double up as a creamy blush. Just apply a little to your fingers and dot around the apples of your cheeks for an instant dewy glow
3. Lengthen your lashes. I love using a lengthening mascara like Revlon Grow Luscious for a feminine finish with conditioning and strengthening benefits. Apply an extra coat at night to add some drama to the eyes.
4. Natural shadow. A natural brown eyeshadow like Tom Ford Expresso is great for giving the eyes some added definition and can also be used as a brow power and eyeliner!
5. Natural light. Highlight your best features and cover dark circles with a highlighting concealer. I love Nip+Fab CC Eye Fix in Medium. Apply to cheekbones, bridge of nose, jaw line and brow bone for a super radiant look.
29 July 2013
Your pigmentation problems solved
In the summer months, pigmentation becomes a really big beauty concern for me. Spending time in the sun can cause discolouration and age spots to appear, leaving skin looking blotchy and uneven. Here are some of my quick fix solutions to pigmentation problems;
1. Stay out of the sun. This may sound obvious but I can’t stress enough how bad the sun is for your skin. Wear a high factor SPF, a wide brimmed hat and stay out of the sun during the hottest part of the day to keep pigmentation at bay
2. I like to mix a targeted serum like WHITE brightening serum with my daily SPF for an instant brightening boost. It helps to prevent pigmentation and age spots forming and gives your skincare an extra boost.
3. For an intensive treatment, I recommend using a mask like WHITE brightening mask to exfoliate and correct skin tone. You could also try a DIY mask with almond oil, oatmeal, milk and brown sugar to gently soothe and brighten uneven skintones.
24 July 2013
Mix and match beauty
When it comes to skincare, my favourite way to get results is to mix and match my products. By combining some of my favourite serums, masks and creams, I can tackle my beauty issues in one and save time on my skincare – bonus. Here are some of the ways you can mix up your beauty routine:
1. To fix pigmentation, I love mixing a little bit of Rodial white brightening serum with STEMCELL superfood day cream. This way I am brightening my skin while nourishing with essential vitamins and minerals and protecting from further sun damage with SPF!
2. When I’m on holiday, I always mix a drop of Rodial glamoxy snake serum with my tinted moisturiser to help smooth fine lines and wrinkles and tighten my skin while still getting that lovely, dewy finish that’s perfect for summer.
3. For a super firming and smoothing body scrub, I mix size zero with a salt-based scrub to gently exfoliate my skin, improve circulation and target problem areas. The added size zero gives it an extra toning boost when you're short of time
How do you mix and match your beauty products? Let me know on Twitter @MrsRodial
23 July 2013
Vacation make-up solutions
I’m off on my summer vacation and am really excited to get some R&R after months of non-stop work. I’m really into make-up at the moment and am switching up my look for a more natural, daytime appearance. Here are my top tips for those with medium complexions:
Eyes: Steer clear of cool colours. Warm shades that compliment your skin’s natural colouring like taupe, sand and brown are the way to go. I like to switch to waterproof mascara for extra staying power.
Lips: Choose a nude pink stain with a clear lipgloss or a tinted lip balm like Rodial glamstick in BITE for a hint of colour without overloading on product
Cheeks: Warm pink, peach or taupe shades are the most natural on medium skin tones and mimic your natural blush. I love a cream blush for everyday chic.
17 July 2013
Holiday Wardrobe Essentials
Summer is finally here and I’m getting ready for my annual vacation! I’ve got my skincare sussed and am now picking my wardrobe essentials ready for a few weeks of sunshine. Here’s what I’ll be packing into my suitcase this year:
1. I’m obsessed with Melissa Odabash’s bikinis and beach accessories, they are always a staple of my holiday wardrobe. This year, I’ll be rocking graphic printed designer bikinis and bright kaftans for easy beach chic.
2. Designer sunglasses are a must to help shield eyes from the sun’s rays and to look fabulous on-the-go. This year I’m rocking Marc Jacobs aviators to see me from poolside to party.
3. I love wedges at any time of year but they’re perfect for packing in your suitcase to dress up a kaftan during the day or for a smart/casual evening look. I’m lusting after Louis Vuitton pair with a hint of neon green.
4. Recently I’m loving city shorts for the office and they will be ideal to take on my vacation. Tailored shorts are so easy to style and can be dressed up for an evening or pair with a simple tee for instant casual look.
What are your holiday wardrobe must-haves? Tweet me @MrsRodial.
15 July 2013
Stay hydrated this summer
If you follow me on Twitter you’ll know I’m in Vegas for the annual Cosmoprof Beauty Exhibiton, showcasing the new Rodial innovations to the world! While it’s great to be in this fabulous city promoting the brand, the mixture of air conditioning and 40 degree heat are not the best combination for my skin. Find out what I’m using on this trip to stay hydrated and keep my skin in the best condition:
It’s too warm to wear a full face of make-up so I apply BB Venom Skin Tint with a damp brush to give my skin a dewy, natural finish while still covering any marks or redness – it’s perfect when I’m on-the-go. I keep my lips hydrated and protected with glam balm LIP spf15, it has a gorgeous rose scent & it’s super easy to carry in my handbag – I take it everywhere! From the stemcell superfood range, I’m also loving the facial oil and glam balm MULTI to keep skin soft and supple during the day. Overnight, I’m using dragons blood hyaluronic mask to inject some serious moisture into my skin after a hectic day. I cleanse skin and apply this directly before bed to let it plump and hydrate my skin.
11 July 2013
Simplify for summer
To get the most from your skincare routine this summer, don’t overload on product. Choose 3 key beauty buys, a cleanser, moisturiser with SPF and a night treatment with retinol to get glowing, gorgeous skin without breaking the bank. Here are my favourites:
- STEMCELL superfood cleanser is a staple in my beauty routine. A super nourishing, skin brightening cleansing cream, this luxurious product is packed with a blend of vitamins and oils to gently cleanse, nourish and protect while boosting cell vitality
- I love Shu Uemura UV Armour SPF 50 as a daily moisturiser, it helps shield skin from UVA/UVB rays to prevent skin ageing and is my number 1 summer skincare essential to protect my skin from sun damage
- Dragon’s blood night cream is my new favourite overnight treatment. Designed with retinol to plump fine lines, hyaluronic acid to deeply hydrate and chromabright to brighten, this skin perfecting moisturiser helps
09 July 2013
Mary Katrantzou for Rodial candle launch tea party
I’m so excited to reveal that Rodial are collaborating with one of my favourite designers, Mary Katrantzou on a beautiful printed and scented candle! We kicked off the launch of the candle with a fabulous tea party for press and celebs yesterday afternoon with Jodie Kidd, Marie Helvin, Yasmin Mills, Lauren Kemp and Lara Bohinc among the guests in attendance. The tea party was held in the gorgeous Terrace Suite at the Soho Hotel with macarons, prosecco and mini cakes flowing, it was the perfect way to spend a summer’s afternoon. I wore one of Mary’s fabulous designs complete with a layer of Brazilian tan dark and sky high wedges. I can't wait for the candle to be available soon!
03 July 2013
Midsummer Masterpiece Party 2013
Events season is in full swing and the latest party on the calendar was the Midsummer Masterpiece Party at London’s Royal Hospital Chelsea last night. Hosted by Heather Kerzner and in aid of the wonderful Marie Curie cancer charity, this annual fundraising event is a great way to give back to such an amazing charity. Guests including Princess Beatrice, Hugh Grant and Donna Air had the chance participate in auctions, as well as enjoying a champagne, cocktail and canapé reception - fab!
01 July 2013
The weather is hotting up and I’m on the hunt for ways to keep cool and look fabulous all season! Here are some of my top beauty suggestions for summer;
1. Never go lower than SPF 50 for the face and be vigilant about spending time in the shade. I try to keep out of the sun during the hottest parts of the day and always wear a large brimmed hat and shades to cover myself from the sun’s rays.
2. Cool down instantly with a facial mist. I love using dragon’s blood hyaluronic tonic as a poolside pick-me-up, it contains hyaluronic acid to instantly plump dehydrated skin while cooling and soothing with dragon’s blood.
3. Give your make-up a vacation and opt for lighter formulas like BB Venom Skin Tint which work perfectly for summer nights. Finish with a mattifying powder to stave off excess oil!
27 June 2013
The Serpentine Summer party 2013
The Serpentine Summer Party, London’s biggest event and the unofficial summer party season opener proved bigger and better than ever this year with some of the biggest A-listers making an appearance to enjoy the festivities.Drawing an elite crowd, everyone from Kate Moss to Sarah Jessica Parker and Naomi Campbell were in attendence at the star studded soiree last night. Hosted by L’Wren Scott and with an understated 1920’s theme, it was definitely a night to remember as guests sipped on signature cocktails and enjoyed the beautiful weather. I wore a floor length Julien Macdonald gown and felt a million dollars, my fave Serpentine party of the last 5 years!
26 June 2013
The Melissa Odabash and Julien Macdonald 2014 Resort launch party
London fashion scene’s power duo Melissa Odabash and Julien Macdonald put on a show to remember last night at the launch event for their 2014 Resort Collection. Held at the trendy rooftop bar of London’s ME Hotel, celebrities including Mollie King , Zara Martin, Rosie Fortescue and Dionne Bromfield strutted their stuff on the catwalk, showcasing the fabulous designs which included embellished kaftans and printed beachwear. Guests including Lara Bohnic, Yasmin Mills and Katherine Jenkins were treated to a preview of the amazing collection hitting stores later this year - what a fabulous way to spend a summers evening!
24 June 2013
Post holiday beauty essentials
I’ve just been away on a much needed long weekend break and am feeling refreshed and ready for action! Here’s my post holiday beauty ritual to get my skin looking fabulous after a break;
1. All that sun can leave skin looking a little dull. I use Glamoxy 15% exfoliating pads after a day in the heat followed by Rodial white brightening mask to reduce pore size and brighten the complexion.
2. It’s so important to keep skin nourished, especially after sun exposure. I make sure I apply Rodial Stemcell Superfood Oil to my face morning and night to inject moisture and feed to my skin with anti ageing and protecting benefits
3. My body is in need of some pampering after a busy break so I love applying size zero after a long bath to help tone and firm the skin with PRO-SVETYL® while improving skin elasticity - bonus!
Tell me your post holiday beauty must-haves @MrsRodial